There are many great resources online today that can enhance your focus, joy, and understanding of life. However, there is something magical about the smell of a bookstore and the feeling of pages being turned in your hand as you read a physical book.
In answer to your many questions, here are a few staples in our library.
Body and Mind
- The Biology of Belief – Bruce Lipton: An easy to understand scientific background of beliefs and their affect on the body.
- Book of Ki: Coordinating Mind and Body in Daily Life – Tohei: Practical application of Ki energy to help balance mind, body and spirit.
- The Body Electric – Becker, M.D.: Technical information on the nature of the body as an energy system.
- Intuitive Eating – Triboli and Resch: A revolutionary program to end chronic dieting forever.
- Kahuna Healing – Serge King: Use of Huna (Hawaiian healing techniques) to create change in mind, body and spirit.
- Molecules of Emotion – Candace Pert, PhD: A great overview of the science behind mind-body medicine.
- Perfect Health & Quantum Healing – Chopra, M.D.:Two books blending Eastern and Western medicine…mind, body and spirit.
- The Subtle Body – Cyndi Dale: Excellent overview of the energetic body.
- Touch for Health – Thie, D.C.: Information on meridian systems of the body and their use in the healing process.
- Urban Shaman – King: Practical techniques for healing from the Hawaiian tradition of Huna.
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers – Robert Sapolski: A guide to coping with stress and the diseases that follow if you don’t.
- Brain Sex – Moir & Jessel: Important research about the differences between male and female brains.
- Making Contact, The New Peoplemaking – Virginia Satir
- On the Breath of the Gods – Tomioka: Teaches spiritual principles for understanding and balancing male/female energies.
- Why Mars and Venus Collide – John Gray, PhD: Understanding how men and women cope differently with stress.
- As You Believe – Barbara Dewey: A great book for understanding the power of beliefs in our lives.
- Clearing Your Life Path – Lewis: Practical process for contacting and integrating with your Higher Self.
- The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz: A practical guide to personal freedom, via Toltec teachings.
- The Gospel of Relativity – Starcke: A powerful synthesis of Christianity, spirituality and physics.
- Holographic Universe – Talbot: Excellent theory and explanation of the quantum physics of consciousness.
- Illusions – Bach: A classic of truth and possibility.
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Enlightenment – Golas: There are only two emotions; love and fear.
- The Path to Love – Deepak Chopra, MD
- The Presence Process – Michael Brown: A process to increase present moment awareness.
- The Artist’s Way - Julia Cameron
- Becoming a Writer - Dorothea Brande
- Naming the World – edited by Bret Anthony Johnson
- One Year to a Writing Life – Susan Tiberghein
- The Right to Write – Julia Cameron
- Thinking about Memoir – Abigail Thomas
- The Writer’s Toolbox – Jamie Callan
- Optimal Health for a Vibrant Life – Tiffany Cruikshank: A 30-day cleanse to get each year started off right so the body can work efficiently for health.
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga – Bernie Clark
- The Bhagavad Gita – Introduced by Eknath Easwaran
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga – Deepak Chopra
- The Heart of Yoga – TKV Desikachar
- Yoga Adjustments – Mark Stephens
- Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
- Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminoff