I love yoga! When I first started practicing, I was accustomed to hearing yoga-specific music in my classes. Then, when I was teaching in LA, the studio I was at didn't use any music at all. As I've traveled the country, and taken hundreds of yoga classes from a variety of instructors and studios, I realize there is a mixed viewpoint of music with yoga.
Some studios play the latest pop hits while getting your vinyasa on. Others, play instrumental music (despite the intensity of the class), and still some choose the introspective route of silence.
Because our lives are full of so much noise outside of the yoga practice, I often keep the studio quiet while I teach. However, I've come to really enjoy simple instrumentals while moving.
By special request, here are the songs from my playlist this week.
- Wake up, by Anesthesia
- Wurlizer, by the Lushlife Project
- Truth, by Balmorhea
- Voice, by DJ Drez
- Svadishtana, by Osel
- Song of the Caged Bird, by Lindsey Stirling
- The Forgotten People, by Thievery Corporation
- Opus 37, by Dustin O'Halloran
- Deep in an Ancient Hawaiian Forest, by Makana
- Om Ahh Hum, by Jane Winther