The cold is settling in here in Chico, with dark rain clouds, gusts of wind, and plenty of cold that makes you want to cozy up around the fireplace. What better way to do that than with a loved one by your side and a delicious cocktail in your hand?
Oranges are in abundance this season, so I've bonded this lovely tart fruit with the earthiness of whiskey and the sweetness of Tuaca. It's a pairing made in heaven... so much so that my husband deemed it "the matchmaker."
The entire batch whips together in minutes. Kick off your shoes after a long day at work, get settled into a cozy night indoors. Fire roaring or not, this drink will get you warm from the inside out! And, it will add a lot of merry to your evening!
The Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 ounces whiskey (I used Gentleman Jack)
- 2 ounces Tuaca
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 2 ounces orange simple syrup (see below)
- Juice of one lemon
- 4-5 dashes lemon bitters
- 2 ounces club soda
- Orange slices for garnish
- To make the orange simple syrup, place the juice of one large orange in a small pot. Add 2 Tbsp granulated sugar. Turn heat on med-low and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat immediately and set aside.
- Combine the first six ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Add the club soda and stir.
- Pour over ice in two highball glasses and top with orange slice or peel.
- Sip slowly, even though you'll want to guzzle this bad boy down!!