On our hand model of wellness, the thumb is incredibly important because it represents spiritual wellness. It is the finger that reaches out and makes connection with the four others, meaning that the spiritual aspect of our nature influences the decisions we make in all of the other areas of our lives.
I started this course again for myself due to a feeling that I was not nurturing my spiritual self.
At first, I started to notice some of the byproducts of this, such as tension in my physical body and more negative emotions filling my mind. I also noticed a lack of motivation to be creative and the desire to hide out from others. The other areas of wellness--the four fingers--are what I thought I needed to address first.
However, It soon because clear that the reason these other areas were suffering was because I felt disconnected from my bigger, spiritual self.
By reflecting on these questions below, I've already started to get excited about rekindling the relationship with my inner being:
- Do I believe in a higher power, source, or Divine Guidance?
- If so, how do I connect to it on a daily basis?
- Am I open to miracles?
- Am I patient with myself in the change process? Why or why not?
- Are there challenging situations that I'm facing now? What lessons might I be able to learn from them?
- Do I have faith in my life? Why or why not?
- Do I believe in synchronicity? Why or why not?
- What are the top three values or guiding principles supporting my life? Why do I rely on them?
I'm a lover of quotes as well as reflection, so I'll leave you with this: